Monday, August 31, 2015

– – – • • • • • – –

The histories are usually in the 900s. Some of my favorites. I usually like the 940s, WWII. So good.

One of the history books I've been reading recently that I greatly enjoyed was The Hidden White House by Robert Klara (975.3 K). I think it would appeal greatly to a non-fiction reader.

Food! I love food! 640s! 641 in particular. For this category, I'd recommend the parody cookbook Fifty Shades of Chicken by F.L. Fowler (pseudonym?), 641.665 F.

What's next...

Biographies are often good and have their own section: the Bios! What would be a good bio to recommend...? How about The Other Wes Moore? A biography of discovery involving two men with the same name who grew up into vastly different people while only living a block apart.

Travel! Usually the early 900s. I think Alone in Antarctica by Felicity Aston (919.89 A) would be a good choice for anyone who reads fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment